Friday, November 27, 2020

Turkey Day Lockdown

 One of the problems of living by yourself is making dinner for One, especially as I have become accustomed to catering for many people over the years. I usually go somewhere else for Thanksgiving,  since I moved out of the family home 7 years ago. This year with Covid on the increase, and projections of a surge in numbers over Thanksgiving, I have remained tucked up in my little cabin. The benefit of flying solo means that I can make whatever I like. I get to make my favorite stuffing, my favorite Cranberry Sauce, and my favorite Vegetables. I also get to eat at a time of my choosing. The best part though is making dinner the day before so I get to eat leftovers a day early ;)

Even with a small Turkey, there are plenty of options. Today's lunch was dictated by a purchase from one my favorite Bakers, one namely Adam Cone of Snapdragon fame. Fresh artisan bread shouts out "SANDWICHES". So carving and bread knives in hand, I assembled the ingredients for a swift and delicious lunch, accompanied by a crisp Rosé.

Cranberry and Walnut bread with a plain Yoghurt and Cranberry dressing


Sliced Turkey breast, sliced Golden Beet (Blanched) and Romaine Lettuce


Sage and onion stuffing topped with sliced red onion, black pepper and salt to taste


Happy Thanksgiving😄

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave me a message.