Sunday, November 15, 2020

New Toys and Ancient Grains

 


With a leaderless country and a rampant virus spreading like butter on a hot crumpet, I thought I had better make some preparations for the impending Apocalypse, now that the election is more or less over. I figured it would be more important to concentrate on what is going into my body rather than focusing on what was coming out. If the world has another shortage of toilet tissue, I could always use those Trump ballots I found  stashed in  the corner of an old warehouse. At least they will be put to good use........


In the spring, there was a shortage of bread flour, and as I had nothing else to do but make sourdough bread like half of the population of the USA, I did not want to be caught short again. SO......., I forked out for a grain mill, and it arrived today 😋.



I had some grinding (Flint) corn left over from last year, so I shucked it, then ground it and turned it into Polenta.




As this is going to be Vegan so I could share it with Pam, I finished it off with Vegan Butter and Vegan Parmesan.




Then poured it into a parchment lined baking tray, so I could turn it out and cut it into squares ready for toasting



 Roasted Squash and Rosemary Polenta toasted with Vegan Parmesan and Paprika .
Eat your colors ;)

4 comments:

  1. Delicious Wally! I see you are taking retirement seriously! Looking forward to more postings. By the way, your photo work is amazing - the old Bell artistic streak never far from the surface. Love Motz et les filles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Motz. Lots of love to all Y'all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. wltoys 144001 review

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave me a message.