Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Sitting in the kitchen just minding my own business.

 I was staring into the oven trying to think why my cheese scones weren't rising, when I was suddenly engulfed in a searing bright light. "Oh oh," I remember saying to myself, " I've blown myself up again"....... but no, there was a distinct lack of that telltale smell of singed eyebrows. Instead, there was a whooshing sound, followed by the opening and closing of large shiny doors. I must have passed out, as I woke up with a bright light shining in my eyes, and the sound of garbled, irritated words being exchanged.   I hadn't had time to enquire what was going on, before I was whooshed off in reverse, back to the kitchen and my cheese scones. 

It all seemed to happen in a flash, but when I got back I had a full beard, and the scones were burnt.

I can only assume I was picked up by inter terrestial beings by mistake. Wrong post code apparently.



So, where was I before I was so rudely interrupted....? Oh yes, Thanksgiving.. Weren't those happy days when we could all sit around together, getting drunk and trying to remember removing our masks before inserting the mashed potatoes.  Happy Days,

I am sorry to have been absent for so long, but I am in a much better place, both physically and emotionally, and promise to resume my blog

Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave me a message.