Wednesday, August 27, 2014

50 ways to love your Liver

I wish I could take the credit for this title, but it belongs to my good friend's brother, Matt Eggleston.
 
We were discussing Blog topics and he came out with this wonderful one liner. I took up the challenge and started to research food that is beneficial to your Liver. God knows, I could use a little self help right now. If you want to know more about these ingredients and why they are beneficial, use google.
 
I may never reach the 50 mark, but unless you start at #1, it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.
 
1/ Avocado, Walnut, Grapefruit and Arugula salad.
 
There may be a more succinct name for this, but it doesn't come readily to mind. Maybe I need some brain food too, but I digress.
 
Top and tail a fresh grapefruit and start to remove the skin and pith with a sharp knife. Work round the GF in a circular motion, paring the skin away as if you were following the shape of a wine barrel.
 
 
 
Once you have it naked, so to speak, you can then cut down the veins on each side of the segment to release the flesh
 
 
The remaing skin and pulp should be squeezed into a glass and makes a lovely pre salad detox :)
 
Once this is done, peel and half a ripe Avocado. The next shot shows a partially sliced half, splayed out in a fan. You could just slice it if you can't be arsed  bothered to do that. It will taste the same.
 
 
Wash and dry your Arugula / Rocket, and arrange on the plate.
 
 
 
Add all other ingredients and drizzle some olive oil and Balsamic, then serve.
 Please feel free to adjust to your taste. I added some fig to this to add a bit of color, and I didn't get shot by the food police, so be brave.
 
Bon Appetite.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave me a message.